Project Management - Ready
The Project Management Ready certification will introduce and familiarize students to the concepts and field of project management, and the tools to apply this knowledge to a wide range of career paths. It fills the need for an industry-recognized certification that allows career and technical education institutions to add value to their programs across career clusters.
Course Categories: Global Certification (Certiport / Pearson Vue / PMI)
Delivery Model: Online
Field: Project Management
The Project Management Ready certification is a new way for students to immerse themselves in the project management industry and get involved with this passionate community of professionals. This is an entry level certification that does not require any prior work experience in project management and/or may not have the minimal educational hours needed to take the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exam.
The certification covers four key topics:
- Project Management Fundamentals and Core Concepts
- Business Analysis Framework
- Traditional Plan-Based Methodologies
- Agile Methodologies
Project Management Ready can give students exposure to the concepts and field of project management, and the tools to apply this knowledge to a wide range of career paths.
What are the benefits of certifying?
- Everyone completes projects and can benefit from project management skills. This new certification allows educators to engage with students interested in project management.
- Earning a professional credential gives students a competitive edge as it demonstrates their knowledge and competencies.
- Earning a credential prior to graduation also gives students this competitive edge as they pursue additional education, internship opportunities, the military, or employment.
Project Management Ready fills the need for an industry-recognized certification that allows career and technical education institutions to add value to their programs.
What is included in the certification exam?
The exam tests the candidate’s knowledge on:
- Fundamental Core Concepts of Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Traditional Project Management Methodology
- Agile Project Management Methodology
For more detailed information on what is included in the exam, please review the exam objectives.
Candidates for this certification will be expected to have key conceptual knowledge and principles of project management through at least 150 hours of instruction.