One in 10 millennials have not applied for jobs because they lack confidence in their skills. Digital literacy isn’t just about recreational Internet usage. A perceived lack of digital literacy skills is impacting people in very real ways. Around 10% of millennials said they didn’t apply for a job because they felt they didn’t have adequate digital literacy skills.
We live in a connected world where the Internet plays a vital role in both our personal and professional activities. The Living Online exam is designed to help users understand how to effectively use the Internet or work in a networked environment and maximize communication, education, collaboration, and social interactions in a safe and ethical way. The Global Standard 5 (GS5) release of this exam brings with it various new and enhanced modules including social media, calendaring, streaming, and online conferencing elements that truly measure a candidate’s ability to succeed in an increasingly digital world.
Using the Internet and World Wide Web
The Internet has changed the way we learn and work, the way we collaborate and communicate, and even the way we interact with others socially. This domain covers various types of electronic communication and collaboration tools, including a thorough review of the Internet, other key website components, and effective ways to search for and validate information. The exam also explores a foundational knowledge of how computers are used in everyday personal or professional life, including risks of using hardware and software, and how to use the Internet safely, ethically, and legally at all times. IC3’s Living Online exam is the ideal solution for any student, job seeker, or individual looking to successfully harness the power of the Internet in any of their various life pursuits.
OBJECTIVES AT A GLANCE
The Living Online exam objectives are designed to help the user gain a foundational understanding of how to effectively use a computer in an Internet or networked environment, including:
• Understanding how computers connect to communication networks and the Internet
• Understanding how electronic communication works and how to communicate using electronic mail, social networks and other communication methods Basic skills required to evaluate information
• Knowledge of the World Wide Web, how to use a Web browsing program and how to create, locate and evaluate online content
• Knowledge of the impact of computing and the Internet on society.
• Understanding issues related to computers and the Internet being used at work, home, and school: – Ergonomics – Security – Ethics – Internet etiquette (Netiquette).
WHAT’S NEW WITH GS5?
Global Standard 5 (GS5) continues to include all of the features and objectives that have made IC3 one of the world’s most trusted Digital Literacy standards, while adding new and updated content to better align with today’s most relevant technologies:
Create events and appointments
Share and view multiple calendars
Internal versus open media sites
Blogs, wikis, and forums
Online conference offerings
VOIP, video, and phone conferencing
Streaming versus downloading
Video, live, and audio streaming
Using devices for streaming
Internet and advanced searches
Identifying valid sites
Website evaluation (author, content, audience)
What is included in the course fees?
This Course Fee excludes your exam voucher. Unfortunately, the Certiport Assessment Centres do not allow tuition providers to pay for learners and request that a learner does so themselves. Due to the fluctuation of the exam costs (Rand-US Dollar exchange), we are unable to indicate accurate exam costs, so you will need to contact your closest Certiport Centre to determine this exam cost. You can locate one closest to you here: www.certiport.com/Locator#.
Please, be aware that all course materials are only offered online. In other words, you will not be receiving any hard copies of the textbook, and you will need to access all the required content through your online classroom, where you’ll be able to find the following course content:
- A digital textbook (PDF) focused on all the content you’ll need to pass the exam successfully
- Videos and Learning material to ensure you are coveredto understand practical concepts
- Learning objectives and skills covered in each lesson
- A glossary of key terms for each lesson
- A summary of what you will learn, as well as the important points on which to focus
- Practice files OR quizzes to accompany the step-by-step exercises in your textbook
- A PDF summary of everything you’ve covered in the textbook
- A study guide and exercise files to help you with your exam prep
- A set of mock exams to be covered before undertaking global exams.
You can start studying whenever you want – there are no specific course starting dates.
All of our assessments are computer-based and, therefore, done online. You are required to book an exam appointment via our Campus Assessment Centre at least 2 weeks prior to your exam date to prepare for your assessme
Status: Accredited course
Type & reward: IC3 GS5 Living Online Certificate
Provided by: IC3 GS5 Living Online Minimum credits: N/A
G-CITI Campus is a registered provider of IC3 GS5 Living Online training programmes. IC3 GS5 Living Online is an industry leader in technological development and sets the de facto standard worldwide. They oﬀer internationally recognised information technology certifications which provide valuable knowledge needed to begin or expand a career in information technology and development. They continuously update and develop their study programmes to keep up with technological advances, and they ensure that the exams are relevant to the IT industry.