One in 10 millennials have not applied for jobs because they lack confidence in their skills. Digital literacy isn’t just about recreational Internet usage. A perceived lack of digital literacy skills is impacting people in very real ways. Around 10% of millennials said they didn’t apply for a job because they felt they didn’t have adequate digital literacy skills.
These days, it seems that no matter what you’re doing - “there’s an app for that!” The Key Applications examination covers the most common features of the world’s best spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation applications. And, with the release of IC3 Global Standard 5 (GS5), this domain now includes app culture elements that will help the examinee understand how to obtain and maximize the use of some of today’s most popular apps.
Common Program Functions
Even with the variety of applications that exist today, there is a core set of standard functions that will help users to be more effective - regardless of the program they may be using. The Key Applications exam includes domains that focus on basic database concepts, informational retrieval, and database inputs and outputs. Further, examinees will learn the most common functions of various office productivity applications in addition to being taught how to properly select and use the correct program or app for the task at hand.
OBJECTIVES AT A GLANCE
Global Standard 5 (GS5) continues to include all of the features and objectives that have made IC3 one of the world’s most trusted Digital Literacy standards, while adding new and updated content to better align with today’s evolving technologies
Common functions of application software – starting and exiting the program, creating, saving and managing files, common editing, formatting and printing functions.
• Functions needed to operate a word processor at a basic level: – Modifying text and documents, and use of automatic formatting tools. – Using word-processing tools to automate processes such as document review, security, and collaboration.
• Methods for navigating and using database applications.
• Functions needed to operate a spreadsheet program at a basic level: – Sorting and manipulating data using formulas and functions, and creating simple charts. – Modifying worksheet data, structure, and format.
• Functions needed to communicate effectively with presentation software: – Create and format simple presentations
• Processes for obtaining apps, accessing app stores, purchasing apps with a credit card, and in-app purchases.
WHAT’S NEW WITH GS5?
Global Standard 5 (GS5) continues to include all of the features and objectives that have made IC3 one of the world’s most trusted Digital Literacy standards, while adding new and updated content to better align with today’s most relevant technologies:
• Obtaining Apps – Managing accounts, app stores, purchasing apps, and in-app purchasing.
• Identifying different app genres – Productivity, reference, content, creation, social media, music, and health.
• Understanding strengths and limitations of apps and applications – Compatibility, productivity, and appropriate device usage.
What is included in the course fees?
This Course Fee excludes your exam voucher. Unfortunately, the Certiport Assessment Centres do not allow tuition providers to pay for learners and request that a learner does so themselves. Due to the fluctuation of the exam costs (Rand-US Dollar exchange), we are unable to indicate accurate exam costs, so you will need to contact your closest Certiport Centre to determine this exam cost. You can locate one closest to you here: www.certiport.com/Locator#.
Please, be aware that all course materials are only offered online. In other words, you will not be receiving any hard copies of the textbook, and you will need to access all the required content through your online classroom, where you’ll be able to find the following course content:
- A digital textbook (PDF) focused on all the content you’ll need to pass the exam successfully
- Videos and Learning material to ensure you are coveredto understand practical concepts
- Learning objectives and skills covered in each lesson
- A glossary of key terms for each lesson
- A summary of what you will learn, as well as the important points on which to focus
- Practice files OR quizzes to accompany the step-by-step exercises in your textbook
- A PDF summary of everything you’ve covered in the textbook
- A study guide and exercise files to help you with your exam prep
- A set of mock exams to be covered before undertaking global exams.
You can start studying whenever you want – there are no specific course starting dates.
All of our assessments are computer-based and, therefore, done online. You are required to book an exam appointment via our Campus Assessment Centre at least 2 weeks prior to your exam date to prepare for your assessme
Status: Accredited course
Type & reward: IC3 GS5 Key Apps Certificate
Provided by: IC3 GS5 Key Apps Minimum credits: N/A
G-CITI Campus is a registered provider of IC3 GS5 Key Apps training programmes. IC3 GS5 Key Apps is an industry leader in technological development and sets the de facto standard worldwide. They oﬀer internationally recognised information technology certifications which provide valuable knowledge needed to begin or expand a career in information technology and development. They continuously update and develop their study programmes to keep up with technological advances, and they ensure that the exams are relevant to the IT industry.