CompTIA Security+ Objective Domain
- CompTIA Security+
CompTIA Security+ is the certification globally trusted to validate foundational, vendor-neutral IT security knowledge and skills. As a benchmark for best practices in IT security, this certification covers the essential principles for network security and risk management – making it an important stepping stone of an IT security career.
This course will further benefit delegates in two ways. If delegates intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of computer security. Today's job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course will help delegates build your computer security skill-set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any security-related role.
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as MacOS, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; preparing for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or using Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
Before attending this course delegates should possess basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts. Additionally, delegates should have:
• Either attended the CompTIA Network+ course, or have equivalent knowledge or;
• Have a minimum of two years of technical networking experience, with an emphasis on security
Course ObjectivesAfter completing this course, delegates will have a thorough understanding of:
• Identify the fundamental components of information security
• Analyze risk
• Identify various threats to information security
• Conduct security assessments to detect vulnerabilities
• Implement security for hosts and software
• Implement security for networks
• Manage identity and access
• Implement cryptographic solutions in the organization
• Implement security at the operational level
• Address security incident
• Ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of an incident
What is included in the course fees?
This Course Fee excludes your exam voucher. Unfortunately, the Certiport Assessment Centres do not allow tuition providers to pay for learners and request that a learner does so themselves. Due to the fluctuation of the exam costs (Rand-US Dollar exchange), we are unable to indicate accurate exam costs, so you will need to contact your closest Certiport Centre to determine this exam cost. You can locate one closest to you here: www.certiport.com/Locator#.
Please, be aware that all course materials are only offered online. In other words, you will not be receiving any hard copies of the textbook, and you will need to access all the required content through your online classroom, where you’ll be able to find the following course content:
- A digital textbook (PDF) focused on all the content you’ll need to pass the exam successfully
- Videos and Learning material to ensure you are coveredto understand practical concepts
- Learning objectives and skills covered in each lesson
- A glossary of key terms for each lesson
- A summary of what you will learn, as well as the important points on which to focus
- Practice files OR quizzes to accompany the step-by-step exercises in your textbook
- A PDF summary of everything you’ve covered in the textbook
- A study guide and exercise files to help you with your exam prep
- A set of mock exams to be covered before undertaking global exams.
You can start studying whenever you want – there are no specific course starting dates.
All of our assessments are computer-based and, therefore, done online. You are required to book an exam appointment via our Campus Assessment Centre at least 2 weeks prior to your exam date to prepare for your assessme
Status: Accredited course
Type & reward: CompTIA Security+ Certificate
Provided by: CompTIA Minimum credits: N/A
G-CITI Campus is a registered provider of CompTIA training programmes. CompTIA is an industry leader in technological development and sets the de facto standard worldwide. They oﬀer internationally recognised information technology certifications which provide valuable knowledge needed to begin or expand a career in information technology and development. They continuously update and develop their study programmes to keep up with technological advances, and they ensure that the exams are relevant to the IT industry.