CompTIA PenTest+ Objective Domain
- CompTIA PenTest+
In this course, delegates will be introduced to some general concepts and methodologies related to penetration testing. Delegates will learn how to plan, analyze, and report on penetration tests. This course can also assist delegates who pursuing the CompTIA PenTest+ certification, as tested in exam PT0-001. The course is designed to provide content and activities that correlate to the exam objectives, and therefore can be a resource as you prepare for the examination.
This course is designed for IT professionals who want to develop penetration testing skills to enable them to identify information-system vulnerabilities and effective remediation techniques for those vulnerabilities. Target students who also need to offer practical recommendations for action to properly protect information systems and their contents will derive those skills from this course.
Before attending this course, delegates must have intermediate knowledge of information security concepts, including but not limited to:
• Identity and access management (IAM)
• Cryptographic concepts and implementations
• Computer networking concepts and implementations
• Common security technologies
• Practical experience in securing various computing environments, including small to medium businesses, as well as enterprise environments
Delegates can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the CompTIA Security+ (IN-SE) course and obtaining the appropriate certification by completing and passing the CompTIA SY0-501 exam.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Plan and scope penetration tests
• Conduct passive reconnaissance
• Perform non-technical tests to gather information
• Conduct active reconnaissance
• Analyze vulnerabilities
• Penetrate networks
• Exploit host-based vulnerabilities
• Test applications
• Complete post-exploit tasks
• Analyze and report pen test results
What is included in the course fees?
This Course Fee excludes your exam voucher. Unfortunately, the Certiport Assessment Centres do not allow tuition providers to pay for learners and request that a learner does so themselves. Due to the fluctuation of the exam costs (Rand-US Dollar exchange), we are unable to indicate accurate exam costs, so you will need to contact your closest Certiport Centre to determine this exam cost. You can locate one closest to you here: www.certiport.com/Locator#.
Please, be aware that all course materials are only offered online. In other words, you will not be receiving any hard copies of the textbook, and you will need to access all the required content through your online classroom, where you’ll be able to find the following course content:
- A digital textbook (PDF) focused on all the content you’ll need to pass the exam successfully
- Videos and Learning material to ensure you are coveredto understand practical concepts
- Learning objectives and skills covered in each lesson
- A glossary of key terms for each lesson
- A summary of what you will learn, as well as the important points on which to focus
- Practice files OR quizzes to accompany the step-by-step exercises in your textbook
- A PDF summary of everything you’ve covered in the textbook
- A study guide and exercise files to help you with your exam prep
- A set of mock exams to be covered before undertaking global exams.
You can start studying whenever you want – there are no specific course starting dates.
All of our assessments are computer-based and, therefore, done online. You are required to book an exam appointment via our Campus Assessment Centre at least 2 weeks prior to your exam date to prepare for your assessme
Status: Accredited course
Type & reward: CompTIA PenTest+ Certificate
Provided by: CompTIA PenTest+ Minimum credits: N/A
G-CITI Campus is a registered provider of CompTIA PenTest+ training programmes. CompTIA PenTest+ is an industry leader in technological development and sets the de facto standard worldwide. They oﬀer internationally recognised information technology certifications which provide valuable knowledge needed to begin or expand a career in information technology and development. They continuously update and develop their study programmes to keep up with technological advances, and they ensure that the exams are relevant to the IT industry.